土曜日, 9月 02, 2006

end of wk 2 of surg posting
being in the hpb team was very exciting and i think my tutor is really quite nice. Although I had heard alot of stories about him before i started the week with him, it didnt really quite turn out that way.
My tutor taught me from step1 how to scrub in and got me to follow him step by step and later allowed me to join the a laproscopic cholecystectomy and even let me try to put the gallbladder into the plastic bag although i couldnt really do it properly.. n he said i cant b a surgeon with that kinda skill... haa oh well he wasnt the first to say that.

then there was the staying back every night to read case files as i had to know all the patients on his team list well, and present about them on friday.. i was really stressed throughout the whole week and didnt really sleep very well especially on thursday night. sigh. but it was good training i guess.. and i learnt quite abit about the management of some conditions. thanx peiyun for staying back with me and helping me copy case files.

then there was chasing a patient into the ot.. to clerk him but well i was asked to go ahead and clerk him even though he was under GA... haiz thanx ar dr cheong.. and the anesthetist told me he would be really afraid if the patient started talking to me.. it was quite exciting to have tutorial in an ot.. do a pr examination to feel a ca and feel the ca aft the colon was resected.. and yea i was allowed to remove stones from the gallbladder too.

and friday came and went. the presentation went ok, cause i kinda got the patients figured out but i feel quite bad disappointing my tutor, he really expected more and i did too, of myself but i fell short of it i guess. but he was really nice about it and he calls me his mafan "daughter" haha

the whole team's really nice with the nice, well most of it at least and we got a free pizza treat from a patient who was very grateful to have recovered under their care.

i was totally drained by end of ward rounds on friday... but pbl was exciting and fun i must say. like py said, it makes so much more sense now..

at the end of friday.. i was glad huay organize a meeting at timbre.. haa need a drink to let me sleep well and wake up feeling good.
met a couple of her frens from nottingham and drank like 3 glasses? the berry daiquiri is still serene's fav but pls remind me never to order the apple martini ever again.. it was so disappointing.. something similar to the taste of cough syrup? bleagh

anyway the music was good.. as usual but there was this other band who played that was q entertaining.. funnily entertaining and as usual we got q high laugh and stupid things.. it was a good nite out i guess.. miss huayu and to date it's probably our first drink together.. minus the time we got free beer at the country club because it was her birthday... i rem that time i couldnt really drink yet.. haa that seemed like a really long time ago.

i really must apologize for dozing off and getting everyone lost on my way home.. got onto tpe sle instead of tpe pie.. sorry sorry.. especially to huay who drove me back even after she reached her doorstep first. ;( it was 1am+ and i got everyone reaching home much later than we all should have. but thnx huay for the ride. really :)

it was a nice cooling nite to remember.

today we had a farewell dinner for caleb.. he'll b off to taiwan for 1/2 year? or maybe more.. glad to have known this fren and senior.. from the YN '04 trip.. i had been fun :) hope he feel happy over there... n may it b an adventure.. like wat bernard said.

my mum told me alot of stuff over the phone today.. i cant agree more and by agreeing i cant say much as well. because i'm at fault.
i really am.
i'm such a disappointment.

0 件のコメント: