日曜日, 7月 22, 2007

took a nice little walk all by myself along the s'pore river.
it was a nice cooling night w a little breeze as took a stroll, trying to take in the beautiful night
as i was abt to enter the underpass, i kinda got stuck as something held me bk
lo n behold, the distal end of my heel got stuck in the metal covering of a tiny drain
to disrupted the little skip in my steps.. sigh i tot such stuff only appears in tv or commercials
had to stoop down to free my heel.. sheepishly look ard for eye-witnesses, relieved that no one saw and hurriedly resume my footsteps as if nothing has happened.
haha

well my feet are kinda sore now cause i've hafnt worn my heels for quite some time and my feet have gotten all complacent and comfy with mininal heel raise they experience daily.
although towards the end of the day, each step brings on this tiny sharp pain in my sole near my metatarsals, i've still gotta strut ard w confidence n conceal the antalgic gait that's trying to surface.
such is my love-hate relationship with my heels.
i kinda missed them, cause they look so pretty but my feet will hurt if i dont continually train them and expose them to such angle of elevation. haha

spent a good day out.. meeting my dear travel mates and had a good sharing session.
then sending some time with apley on a bench in smu.. the air was pretty cool cause it just rained but i met this little green bug which landed on my book. it's of an interesting shape, possibly hexagonal? like nothing i've seen before.. i shook off my book, thinking it will just flop on the floor but to my pleasant surprise it spread out it's wings n flew.. on retrospect.. it must have landed on my book after a flight, caused if it had crawled on, he cant make such a sudden appearance. so it wasnt meant to be a surprise that it could fly i guess. watever (anything)

then me and my kakis met up and we watched half of uban pulse.. this smu dance performance, to support an old friend.
it was pretty interesting, rather visual stimulating, cause usually i watch band or chinese orchestra performances...
i like the opening.. w the big-bicep golden guy playing the ?clarinet standing on top of a metal scaffold, the music was pretty good but i agree with my friend that it would have been nice if the dancers doing the same moves are more in sync with each other. i like the concept of the mirror as well, instantly doubling the number of dancers on stage. there was one item that reminded me of Men In White and kinda tickled me, but it think the eerie effect came through so much better than the movie. there was a bit of humor injected which i appreciate as well. left during the interval as i v much prefer to hang out with my frens than to stay on to a performance that moderately interests me. but i know the effort and hard work that goes in such a production, so hope everything went well for the performers.

hafnt gone out in a weekend like that for about a month already.. need to get some sleep and it's back to ortho. which i dont mind as it seems to be getting more interesting by the day. i'll miss the doctors from NUH as i move on to TTSH next wk. i like the ortho doctors, the hand team exudes elegance and kindness *whiff*, the spine guys feel brainy, the sports guys feels kinda like typical sports pple in sch, the Adult recon guys keep me in awe.. and special mention must go to dr sternface w teddybear cufflinks. kind and helpful hos n mos make it even more pleasant. :)

0 件のコメント: