日曜日, 4月 13, 2008

wow.. i've finally got internet connection at Kisiizi Hospital, Uganda!
greetings to all my frens... :D
I've been here for a week already and starting to get use to the way of life here.
It's a beautiful place surrounded by mountains and we climbed up the moutains a few times already, it's kinda chilly here as well, esp in the evening or when it rains :)
The pace of life is kinda slow and the concept of time is slightly different tho..

We are very well fed here as well, fantastic food prepared by the housegirls like Stella, Generous, Allen.. It's always Western food w potatos, stew, occ Chepati and rice and there's always dessert, custard or fruits but forever pineapple/banana +/- passionfruit etc I'll get fat here :( ha

The hospital is a nice place, filled with nice and happy pple. but the lack of some facilities makes us feel kinda helpless. I feel useless n stupid q abit and sometimes it’s kinda frustrating, cause there is so much I don’t know, esp when the outpt dept allows u to see everyone, it can be a paeds/ ONG pt or pts who have complaints frm each systems as u go thru systemic review because they accumulate all their probs before they come.

Went to the anti-retroviral clinic and saw many patients. Sister Maureen says that it’s easier to catch ladies because we see them at antenatal outreach clinic and paeds ward. Some patients will come forward to be tested and some HIV + patients form gps to go ard telling pple how to prevent HIV transmission. Sis Maureen is a wonderful lady and so are all the nurses we’ve come to meet so far

I love the kids at rehab. Emmanuel is my fav boy and there are the little ones like daphne Christian, Christ, cheeza and they big boys like Apollo who is so shy, bensen, bright, deus, Edison…. How can I pass them their fotos?

Went for outreach programme that’s really meaningful. Altho I don’t do much except hang kids on a karang-guni like weighing scale to weigh them n do BP for the preg mums but I think it’s a great prog. Mothers from the villages will come down when the outreach team comes by once a mth, letting their babies get vaccination, getting their abd palpated by midwives, getting BP, and HIV testing. Some walked great distances to come to the area where we do the prog. I cant imagine how many more km they gotta walk to Kisiizi to get these services if there isn’t such prog. Most of them have young babies or are heavily pregnant. But it was a great experience

There are so many stories to tell, I’ve be diligently keeping a diary jing gave me so it’s good I tink. Will write more next time.
Me Peiyun Ningyi Bingzhu are safe and fine here at Kisiizi :) Think wenhann n jialin are too :)

0 件のコメント: