土曜日, 6月 06, 2009

my last 2 calls were kinda interesting
the first was last saturaday. which incidentally was my birthday. it was busy at the beginning, helping out at HD, and for the first time i lost my temper at a SN. who told me i shud haf gotten my ME cartridge ready and blammed me, when she dint even do her job to refill the bloody box. wa tt just pissed me off so bad. holding a capillary tube in 1 hand n struggling w another was kinda painful. sigh.

but it was nice n sweet cause py n all my frens pre and post call + wl who came bk to clear d/c summaries, came down to HD MO rm to sing me a song w a cake hahaa
altho the nurses kept calling n i had to say over the phone, "i'm supposed to b celebrating my bdae now!#@#@" cause i was feeling q sianz already
but all in all it was nice
but i had no time to change or do anything till 940pm.
where i finally got down to get some cold macdonalds in the ICU pantry, bought by our Regs a couple of hrs ago...
there i was on my 24th bdae, having dinner all by myself in a cold ICU pantry, globbling down a cold burger, a cup of coke n stuffing a handful of fries in as well, with many more passives left for me to do. i was NBM, NPU since the slice of cake at noon. i thought abt my life the past 23 yrs, my life ahead of me, in those few mins.. n hmm mayb this is wat i want. this "masochistic" stuff haha.
i dunnoe.. haha but well i dint get a wee-bit of slp. at midnite i told the nurse sadly that 30th's over.. n they were like hur? mayb they thought i was tinking my work will b ending in abt 12hrs or so.. aft having worked almost 18hrs already.

the 2nd call was just as interesting. thurs when i went post call abt 3pm.. (isn't it wonderful?) hhaa i got on NEL at little india, fell asleep, n the next time i woke up i was at clark quay. hahahahah
which means i went to punggol past sengkang twice n went to clarkquay. i trudged my tired body n heavy bag across the platform, fell asleep AGAIN on the train ride n woke up at punggol again. i had to go by sengkang 4 times before i was awake enuff to get off the train hahaa
so all in all i took 2+hrs to get home altho normally i shud take less than an hr.

n i spent my whole post call night trying to come up w a presentation that was due friday at noon. the stressors in my life. glad the presentation went ok. although i had to do my changes before i cud go down to the LT, n i kept telling my nurses i cant b late today, really, cause guess wat? i'm one of the speakers. if i'm late, then speaker no-show how? haha

today i went bk to work when i didnt haf to, cause the d/c summaries are pilled till the are reaching the ceiling. sigh
but i was nice, i treated my family to jap food, with my first pay. the first time in a couple of yrs, i'm financially stable again. haha finally i had time to take a good look at my family members. it was nice.

tmr i'm on call again.

but nevertheless, i met a couple of cute kids over the whole of last wk, n they never fail to make me smile
so life's still good, and yea i'll just work till i run out of energy or enthusiasim, save loads of $ n bring the $ to my grave.
welldone.
happy belated birthday, huimin.

0 件のコメント: