土曜日, 10月 28, 2006

didnt i hope that today will be a good day yesterday?
i guess it didnt work out q the way i wanted..
well the day started w mi waking up w a hoarse voice.. but i kinda got it bk more or less.. and my busy day started w the well-baby clinic, then moving on to NUH to clerk a girl for tutorial then to the last bit of my lit review meeting..
everything was fine until i was typing this really long email to my chp group but just before i sent it.. i dunnoe wat i pressed on sy's laptop and the whole page was gone and the whole email was gone. pui. now i gotta go write another one..

never mind.. then the day went on w mi at novena buying 1 inch cubes and going to tpy to help at the public health screening.. lala and dinner w a couple of meddies all went on fine.. until i set out on my journey home..

i tried walking to a place i thought was the bus stop.. but it turned out to b the taxi stand then i walk bk where i came frm to the bus stop but i didnt have my bus.. so due to my poor sense of direction.. (as usual) i walked up and down teh same street 3 times.. cause i gotta walk bk beyond where the taxi stand was to the road perpendicular to where i was...
when i finally got to the correct busstop.. i thought tt ll b the end of my bad day but i was WRONG.
because i was looking forward to some quiet time home at the upperdeck of bus 88 alone w/o ah tan.. to think abt stuff and mayb read.. and try not to think abt ahtan's halloween party at zouk and alcohol. but lo and behold.. there came a small single decker bus tt was kinda packed..
so i resigned to the fact tt i'll haf to stand for an hour's journey home.. and got on the bus
then to my HORROR.. my ezlink card wasnt in my wallet.. because i took it out earlier to sign in for PHS and i kinda chucked it into the abyss of my gigantic bag..
and there i was clinging on the the taptap machine for my dear life on a bumpy bus.. trying to search for the ezlink card in the abyss of my gigantic bag under terribly dim lighting and all the time entertaining the thought of being thrown off the bus if i cant find the card to pay for my ride (well i cud use coins but it didnt occur to mi then) just as i was abt to b more frustrated w myself.. my fingertips brushed against tt thin piece of plastic and managed to save my ass..

so i "tee-ed" and moved in..
then my gigantic bag tt had an abyss kinda bang into this auntie's head.. she was seating behind where i was standing u see.. and i turned to apologize and she just glared at mi as if i did her some grave wrong in our past life.. so oh well "I'M SORRY"

and then there were seats freed up in front of mi and there was an excited elderly couple bent to get the seat.. i wasnt going to fight w them but in her excitement the auntie stepped on my left foot and the uncle kinda swiped he hand across my whole butt.. haiz wat's w my butt and old men's hand, i wonder? since it was probably accidental, i didnt grab him by the collar and didnt crash his balding head into the glass window but oh well.

then the long ride went on.. until i came home. feeling sicker by the minute.

ok.. i'm putting an end to this pathetic bad habit of recounting tiny bits of unimpt stuff tt led mi wallow in self-pity. all this bad vibes coming form the last few posts feels abit lame.. i might roll my eyes silently in my heart if someone comes up to mi complaining abt those complains i made.

so this has gotta stop and in an attempt to do so.. i shall try to recall positive things.
today i saw 3 babies.. 3, 5, 10mth old ones.. they're the cutest things.. and DA made alot more sense now aft Dr Amin went thru it w real life squirmy examples. there smiles and screams and tears tt stop ever so readily are q endearing.. so.. awwww..

and there was this auntie i especially rem helping her register for the PHS.. she kinda confided in mi abit more beyond those questions on the questionnaire i was adminstering and i thank her for that.. :) she made mi feel less robotic i guess.. and she smiles every so readily..

then there was this elderly indian lady on bus 88.. i kinda banged into her arm w my gigantic bag with an abyss but she just smiled and gave me the "it's ok, i understand look" (well mayb she wud haf reacted differently if i swiped her head w my bag) but it made mi feel less sian abt mi accidentally bumping into pple w my big bag. and she looked for mi immed aft the seat beside her freed up cause she knew i was carrying lotsa things.. she even smiled a goodbye before she left.. tt made mi happy for tt fleeting moment..

then there was ahtsui's attempt to buy mi dinner.. thnx man i appreciate ur kind thought.. altho it's abit puzzling but it's an act of kindness i guess :)

so enuff small good thngs tt happen right?

well i tried 2x to comfort my self-pitying sick soul/body today..
i got myself chocolate milk frm 7-11 downstairs of bukitmerah polyclinic..
cold choc milk calms mi down i think.. altho i wonder if it only started aft JC or it had been there all along

and on my way home.. in my last feeble attempt to comfort myself, i walked my fav route home..
it's abit longer than usual, this long str path along the road flanked with tall trees (tt had compound leaves). So when the wind blows and the dried leaves fall.. they form a pretty sight of small little yellow bits coming down frm above..
i liked this road best on an evening when the setting sun fliters thru the leaves..
at night.. it's kinda too dark to watch my pretty trees but i get to play w the shadows on the floor.. stepping in btw the lit-up holes where light came thru inbtw the branches tt cast shadows.
it was a still and quiet night.. and all i hear was my own foot steps and the sound of tires of cars driving past on the road.. few pple were on the road w mi.. and at times no one was.
i took a right turn and walked along rivervale pri sch.. i observed tt those ixora shrubs tt lined along the school fence had grown up q abit.. they used to b abt the level of my knee.. but now they're at the level of my elbow.. tt's q tall for ixora shrubs right? but giant bougainvilla shrubs never fail to impress mi as well.. haaha :)
i've watched them for almost 8 years.. since i moved here.
and i past by the bball court to reach my lift.. passing by 2 gps of pple playing bball at each half of the court.. as i walked thru the court thru the midline.. i was thinking to complete the suay-ness of it all mayb i bball might fly and hit my head frm behind or sumthing.. n i kinda got to the other side of the court just as i finished imagining the malu-ness of tt incident tt fortunately didnt happen.

and well a sucky thing happened again.. while i'm happily blogging.. i forgot to go tape the match btw Man U and Bolton for my erge. and i was 10min late at taping aft i realized it and when i on the tv.. walao rooney scored! haiz 10min into the game onli leh.. so i missed the goal but luckily manage to tape the replay of it. msg my bro to tell mi and thought he wud say "shit, cant trust u w anything" but luckily he only replied "sighz. ok lar" so he isnt tt pissed w mi. i hope.

okie i guess this is a progressively bad wk.. and next wk's schedule seemed damn hectic but i'll keep my fingers crossed for a better wk to come.
i might just lose this post trying to publish it.. to add to my sad little pathetic life.
but as my famous saying go.. if u think it's true then it is.. if u think it's not ture then it's not. this is as real as anything in this world can get i think. provided u r not delusional.

* see i knew it. this is the 2nd time i'm posting this post cause there were errors when i tried to post it the first time.. and if i didnt preempt myself and copy the whole bloody post up.. it'll all b gone and i'll slam my laptop shut and swear something under my breath. haiz.. it's abt 3 pages of a font size 12 times new roman on a word doc.

0 件のコメント: